Monday, June 18, 2012

Nothing Too Exciting

Well, nothing very exciting to report. I'm back at site after a LONG trip from The States. My last flight got detoured and I ended up spending 13.5 hours in a tiny airport in Mombasa, Kenya only to fly 38 minutes to Nairobi and then, since I arrived at almost midnight and had nowhere to go until morning, I spent the next 5 hours sleeping on the floor of the airport. I woke up at 5 in the morning to find a bunch of other white people camped out on the floor next to me.  Then from there I still had an 8 hour trip to get to Hannah's house. My next planned trip home is over a year from now and I'm already dreading it. Note to self (and other international travelers): don't be such a cheap ass when buying airline tickets... pay the extra hundred bucks to not have to take 5 different flights and spend over 2 straight days in either an airport or on an airplane.

I had a really nice trip home and got to see pretty much everyone I wanted to who actually lived in the state... unfortunately that meant I didn't get to see some of my very favorite people who reside in Miami, New York, North Carolina, Colorado and Wyoming... believe me, if I'd had the time and money I would have visited every one of them. That said, I was extremely happy to get to meet Trenton, my best friend Kelly's new baby. Okay, he's not really that new, he's 7 months, but since this is the first time I met him, he's new to me!  I also got to my friend Kayla's cute pregnant belly and look forward to meeting her son the next time I'm home... when he'll be almost a year old :-(

All in all it was wonderful to see everyone but I'm happy to be back here and ready to get going with all my projects. Thank you to everyone that made time to see me while I was home and check back next month for a more exciting (hopefully) blog entry!

No comments:

Post a Comment